Monday, October 28, 2013

My religious journey in Israel!

Looking at the different sites from Biblical times in Israel

Well, I have to say, today has definitely been my best day so far!! I visited a lot of different sites in Israel today, mainly Jerusalem. Here are a few of my favorite places:

City of David

Of course there's the wonderful City of David! The City of David is the birthplace of Jerusalem. It's where King David established his city, and where the people of Israel's history is written out. Many people come here to see the physical connection of the Bible to the start of Jerusalem.


Garden Tomb
The Garden Tomb, the place of Christ's resurrection. It's such a sacred place. With the sunlight beaming down on the tomb, and the beautiful garden surrounding, it's a wonderful sight. This is one of the sights that many Christians go to when visiting Jerusalem.


City of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus
This map shows the city of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus Christ. It shows a lot of the major places Christ was in at the end of His life, such as the Garden of Gethsemane, Herod's palace, and the Pinnacle of the Temple. I like to look at it to and compare it to the modern day maps of Jerusalem, and see how much has changed since Christ was last on the earth. I wonder how much it will have changed by the next time Christ visit's the earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment