Monday, October 28, 2013

Mount of Olives

My trip to the Mount of Olives

I went to the Mount of Olives today to visit the Garden of Gethsemane, where Christ performed the Atonement. As I visited the Garden of Gethsemane, I thought: I'm touching Holy ground. It was an amazing experience.
Garden of Gethsemane

Speaking of ground, the geography of Israel is really taking a toll on it's environment. It's bad enough with only 13.68% of Israel's land being arable, and it's permanent crops only 3.2% of the land, but with the sandstorms during spring and summer, periodic earthquakes, and droughts, thing's are getting bad. There is limited natural freshwater, air pollution, desertification, and ground water pollution. Who knew how much the geography of a place could affect its environment in such an awful way?

Sandstorm in Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment